IMPORTANT THEORY QUESTIONS
FOR CA IPCC/PCC – Nov. 2011 EXAM
- Distinguish between spoilage and defectives in a manufacturing company. Discuss their treatment in cost accounts and suggest a procedure for their control.
- What is ABC analysis?
- Explain Idle time and its treated in Cost Accounts?
- What do you understand by Labour Turnover? How is it measured? What are its causes? What are the remedial steps you would suggest to minimize its occurrence?
- What do you understand by overtime premium?
- Discuss the objectives of time keeping and time booking.
- What is blanket overhead rate? In which situations, blanket rate is to be used and why?
- Why is it necessary to reconcile the profits between the Cost Accounts and Financial Accounts?
- How do you accounts for by-product in cost accounting?
- What is Non-Integrated Accounting System?
- What are essential Pre-requisites for Integrated System?
- Cost unit and Cost centre
- Explicit costs and Implicit cost
- Job evaluation and Merit Rating
- Allocation and Apportionment
- Job Costing and Batch Costing
- Operating Costing and Operation Costing.
- Joint Product and By Product
- Cost reduction and Cost control.
- Product Cost and Period Cost
- Job Costing and Contract costing
- Standard cost and estimated cost.
- Absorption Costing and Marginal Costing
- Absolute and Commercial tonne kilometers
SHORT NOTES QUESTIONS:
- Conversion cost
- Sunk cost
- Differential cost
- Opportunity cost
- Escalation Clause.
- Irrelevant costs
- Retention Money
- Split off point
- Margin of Safety
- Profit Centre
- Explain the two basic aspects of financial management
- What are the characteristics of source of funds
- What are the two basic objectives of financial management
- Explain operating cycle
- The impact of double shift working on various components of working capital
- Explain the functions of the treasury department
- Explain various types of floats in the context of cash management
- Assumptions under J. Baumol's model
- Explain Miller – ORR cash management model
- Procedure involved in factoring
- Explain the procedure for issue of commercial paper
- Short notes on modified internal rate of return method
- Short notes on capital rationing
- Difference between implicit vs. Explicit cost of capital
- What are all the factors determining capital structure
- Short notes on optimum capital structure
- What are all the assumptions in capital structure theories
- Explain Modigliani and Miller approach (mm)
- Short notes on trading on equity
- Explain the concept of bridge finance
- Explain various methods of venture capital financing
- Procedure involved in debt securitisation
- Explain lease financing
- Explain seed capital assistance
- Difference between ADR & GDR
- Explain ploughing back of profit
- Explain DU PONT chart
- Difference between funds flow statement & cash flow statement
All the very best for your exam
Doubt clarification – Ct.98416 61405
For Model exam qtn paper - mail to - firstname.lastname@example.org